Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Redskins

Okay so you might not care at all about the Redskins but that's my "team." I have grown up my whole life being disappointed as a Redskins fan, like seriously in my lifetime the Redskins have been fourth eight times in my life and I am fourteen years old. Only once in my lifetime the Redskins have been first in there division but that year still wasn't that great because they lost six of their games and only won ten. The worst part about being a Redskins fan is the fact that when people ask you what is your favorite team you have to say Redskins and they almost look sad for you and look like they want to tell you everything is okay but I mean it's just football. I'm not totally disappointed in football though because the University of Utah football team is my college football team and they are doing amazing so I am happy about that because usually they are a lot like the Redskins in the sense that they always lose and forever are a disappointment. To add on to the mountain of disappointment that the Redskins have is the fact that they have only made it to the playoffs three times in my lifetime and were one of the worst teams last year in the NFL.
Picture courtesy of Meckids.
The mountain just keeps getting bigger too, because the Redskins name is kind of racist people also hate them for that fact because they think the name is racist. I see where these people are coming from but I just don't understand how you can get so mad over a name and I know that nobody on the team now came up with the name because they got the name in 1937 so it's not like they said let's take the name because it will offend Native Americans I think they just did it because it worked well. 

I have to give the Redskins some slack though because it's not like they were this bad their entire careers, it's just been for a very long time that they have sucked so badly that it is almost a shame to say you like the Redskins. The Redskins have won the Superbowl three times, they were all just a really long time ago. The first time the Redskins won the Superbowl was in 1982 at the Superbowl XVII, then in 1987 Superbowl XXII, and then in 1991 Superbowl XXVI. Also the Redskins have won five championships but they were all a really long time ago. 

Last thing, the coach of the Redskins isn't very smart because he won't let RGIII play but he will let Cousins play which is the worst idea because that doesn't allow them to win. 

No comments:

Post a Comment