Sunday, January 31, 2016

To Ted Ligety

Dear Ted Ligety,

I am really sad to hear about your torn ACL that really sucks but at least you were working hard and going for it. I would rather get hurt by skiing as hard as I can than get hurt by just tripping walking up the stairs. I was really bummed when I heard that you tore your ACL especially because Aksel Svindal tore his ACL and I enjoy watching both of you ski. I know that you will work hard to do better though because I know you won't give up. You have too much fight to give up and stop skiing.

I thought it was really inspiring that you were doing good in every aspect of skiing and were really trying to be the best all around skier ever. Most people think of G.S. when they hear your name but you were changing that this year and doing slalom really well. I love to watch you ski G.S, slalom, and Super G. It's so amazing how you can ski so perfectly with no mistakes at all. You just ski and ski better than anyone in the world or in the history of skiing. The angles you get are unreal; you make it look so easy. As my coach would say you are getting some "sick nasty" turns and in your case the "sick nastiest" of turns and I know that when you are done with all the ACL recovery stuff you will come back with even more "sick nastiest" of turns and I will still watch you and be inspired by how amazing you are at ski racing.
Picture courtesy of Chicago Tribune

I live in Park City, Utah which is where you grew up and I have met you multiple times and I ski on Park City Ski Team and was a Devo with Dar four years ago. I thought it was really cool to meet you every time I met you. You are such a cool guy because you come back to Park City as much as you can and you actually interact with us but if it was anyone else they would make a big scene, which you don't, and not want to talk with other people. Anyways, my blog is about skiing and rafting and lacrosse which is all my favorite things to do in the world and I know you probably have way better things to do than to sit around and read a fourteen year old girls blog but I think you would like it because besides the lacrosse and skiing portion you would like it and most of my blog posts are about skiing and what happened and explaining how fun it is to ski. If you can read my blog I would be super stoked and I just want to leave by saying hope you get better speedy fast like your skiing and than you are back at the slopes. Haha that was really cheesy

2 comments: