Thursday, March 24, 2016

Pleasant Grove's Cry for Help


Last night was my second game and first home game of the season and we went all out for it. We started the game pumped and ready to play Pleasant Grove. We were jumping and running and doing all these crazy things to warm ourselves up because the weather was brutal last night, it was in the twenties during our game and some of us, including me, were not smart and didn't bring gloves so our hands were freezing and to add to that there was a chilly wind. The thing that made our hands even more cold was the fact that our sticks have metal shafts that we hold onto and they aren't warm so we have to hold something freezing even though without the pole we would still be freezing. My team went out on the field with so much energy and fire, we were ready to play. We decided that because one of our coach, Maddie, was sick that we would play and win the game for her.  In that first half I
scored one goal because I out played the girl and I made an assist which was a really cool assist to Gabi. In the first half we played with a lot of intensity making the score seven to zero for halftime. During halftime we decided to give Maddie the presents we made for her to get better. We gave Maddie a blanket that we tied the ends on and was SUPER soft, a card that everyone signed that said "We Love You", and we gave her a little poster that Corryne wrote a poem to go along with. The poem was really good and it told Maddie how her presents helps us become better players and how much we appreciate her. By the end Maddie was choked up because she was really having a hard time lately. Maddie had to leave but we still had the fire to play for Maddie and our other two coaches, Laurel and Elle Mango. Laurel and Elle Mango pumped us up and got us ready for the second half which I was super excited to play in. We went out on the field and played really well the second half considering we were all so cold. We didn't play as hard as the first half but we did manage to take the ball down to X and and keep it consistently moving. In the second half we scored four more goals but were scored on two times but we still had a lead that was up by nine. I managed to score one goal in the second half. I will admit it wasn't my cleanest game but it was a good game for me. I got called on a lot, I think in the first half I was called probably five times and same with in the second half. In the end we played good, had a fun time, and won for Maddie so what more could you ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment